dbvrep> set _MINE_TDE_PASSWORD = kiwi123 // Password defined while creating the Keystore dbvrep> set _MINE_TDE_WALLET = /u01/app/oracle/WALLET/SRCDB // Location of the Keystore
If you are using special characters in password, you need to use apostrophes for the _MINE_TDE_PASSWORD, for example:
dbvrep> set _MINE_TDE_PASSWORD = 'Pa$$word'
Changing Keystore password
Below are the steps that must be followed , when changing the keystore password.
- Shutdown the MINE process.
Change the Keystore password ,when the keystore is set to AUTOLOGIN.
SQL> ADMINISTER KEY MANAGEMENT ALTER KEYSTORE PASSWORD FORCE KEYSTORE IDENTIFIED BY kiwi123 SET dbvisit123 WITH BACKUP ; keystore altered.
Now change the TDE password in the MINE to the new password in the console.
dbvrep> set _MINE_TDE_PASSWORD = dbvisit123
- Start the MINE process.
Limitation when using TDE
- Keystore in ASM is not supported in Dbvisit Replicate 2.9.02
- Set Oracle Environment when starting MINE/APPLY when using TDE , since MINE searches for mkstore.
- Modifying a column in the source to encrypt/decrypt is not supported.
- Replicating to NON TDE target, adding a encrypted column does not work and creates a conflict , so as a workaround ignore the conflict and then add the column as non-encrypted column in the target and proceed further.