Installing Dbvisit Replicate
The complete installation of Dbvisit Replicate takes less than 5 minutes. Restarting the database or the server is not required.
Dbvisit Replicate only consists of one executable. This executable is called: dbvrep
The dbvrep executable contains:
- MINE process
- APPLY process
- FETCHER process
- Dbvisit Replicate console
- Oracle client
- Ensure all installation prerequisites are met before continuing with installation.
- Dbvisit Replicate software needs to be installed on source and target server.
- In RAC environment, Dbvisit Replicate must be installed on all RAC nodes.
Installation Instructions are available on following pages.
- Installation on Windows
- Installation on Linux
Upgrading Instructions are available on following pages.
- Upgrading on Windows
- Upgrading on Linux
Points to Remember during Upgrade from 2.7 and 2.8
- Login as privileged user and grant the below to dbvrep repository user.
SQL> grant execute on dbms_system to dbvrep;
In the above example dbvrep is the repository user.
2. If your source or target is 12.2 linux please use Dbvisit Replicate versions compiled specifically for OEL6 and OEL7 when installing , the oracle 12.2 client libraries are included in this build .
You can also follow the knowledge base article to upgrade the Dbvisit replicate version from 2.7 to 2.9.