Dbvisit Standby is highly configurable and there are many variables that affect the configuration, processing and options of Dbvisit Standby. These configuration variables are present in the Dbvisit Standby Database Configuration (DDC) file associated with each database. The DDC file is an ascii file and is similar in style to the init.ora file.
In Dbvisit Standby Version 7 the DCC file location changed and it is now located in the following directory: DBVISIT_BASE/standby/conf/
On Windows the default location for the DDC configuration files are: c:\Program Files\Dbvisit\standby\conf\
On Linux the default location for the DDC configuration files are: /usr/dbvisit/standby/conf
1. In most cases, quotes or double quotes are not required around the values.
2. Variables may be UPPERCASE or lowercase.
3. The following settings are equivalent for yes: YES, Yes, Y
4. The following settings are equivalent for no: NO, No, N
5. Spaces are allowed. The following is equivalent:
SOURCE = dbvisit11
The following sections will discuss the Dbvisit Standby Configuration file in more detail.